How to take LIPOPROTECT
- When and how are our products best taken?
In principle, the formulations can be taken anytime. Ideally, 15 minutes prior to or after a meal.
Be aware of the recommendations on the product labels.
Do not add to hot beverages! Liposomes are easily destroyed at >60°C. All products can be mixed with juice to improve the taste.
- How can I dose the products?
Please note the individual daily dose of each product (see label). For most products, we recommend a daily dose of 10 ml, equivalent to 2 teaspoons.
The individual dosages in milliliters and teaspoons can be found at the bottom of each product page.
- Why is a temporary administration (cure) recommended for my product?
LIPOPROTECT should be used to balance nutrient deficiency. However, you can take them all year round, depending on the type of active ingredient. However, consult your doctor if you take higher doses. Side effects have not yet been confirmed. After a while, users should check their status with their doctor.
- Can I take different LIPOPROTECT products together?You can take our products during the same time period and also mix them for your daily dose of supplements.
- Can interactions or competitive uptake occur between products?
We do not know of any negative interactions.
If any odd reactions occur (between products or products and medication), in doubt one should stop or alter administration and talk to a health professional.
- Is an exact dosage important?
Yes. To avoid rare but possible, negative side-effects, customers should stick to the recommended dosage as found on the label. Per 24 hours users should not take more than 10 ml of any product (for some exceptions even less).
The recommended daily dosage should not be surpassed. It is found on every label and in our web at the product photo gallery www.lipoprotect.sk .
- Are there any common side effects? Do some side-effects occur due to high dosage (magnesium)?
LIPOPROTECT Liposomal Formulations outrule some common side-effects such as diarrhea due to high dosages of magnesium.
Liposomes are able to cover active substances and support their uptake. Our intestines only see the liposome. Over-dosage is not possible in that sense.
- When taken as recommended, how fast is the product used up?
Dosage: 10 ml per day (with some exceptions) should be enough for a month for the 250 ml size.
- Why do competing products last longer than LIPOPROTECT?
Because we do not add artificial preservatives. For a product that is purely beneficial to health, we regard it as counterproductive to add preservatives.
For the same reason, we abstain from sweeteners and flavorings and do not use soy lecithin.
- How can I tell if LIPOPROTECT has gone bad?
Clear indications are molds on the surface, foamy, fermented consistency or a rancid, altered taste.
An acidic taste is absolutely normal, especially with non-alcoholic variants.
- I can hear a hissing sound when the seal is opened. Has my product gone bad?
We use nitrogen gas as a protection for LIPOPROTECT bottles. That alone is absolutely harmless.
- Residue has formed at the bottom of the bottle. Is that bad?Residue at the bottom is not questionable. Please shake it up.
- A thin film has formed on the surface. Is that bad?
Excess lecithin can gather at the surface, that’s normal. Any form of mold or solid deposits, on the other hand, is a clear indication of a spoiled product.
- What does LIPOPROTECT taste like?
This depends on the active ingredient. An essential component of the taste is determined by lecithin.
- Does LIPOPROTECT taste good?
Generally, not really – depending on individual taste and habits.
We specifically refrain from sweeteners and flavors because we believe that function is more important than taste.
We recommend consuming LIPOPROTECT with juice or diluted (cooler than 60°C).
- What color does LIPOPROTECT have?
This depends on the active ingredient variant, but the basic color is a beige. On the surface and on the bottom, smaller, darker veils can form which do not diminish the quality and can be removed by shaking.
- How much of the active ingredient is included in a daily dose?
For most products, the daily dose is 10 ml. In all product photos, you can find exact nutrient tables. The nutrient tables of each product list the amount of active ingredient in 100 ml, while the number in brackets represents the amount in the respective daily dose.
- Why is LIPOPROTECT a liquid?
Liposomes need water. Their building blocks, the phospholipids, have a water-soluble and a water-repellent end. Such molecules are called amphiphilic. This makes it possible to incapsulate the active ingredient directly into the oil molecule (e.g. Vitamin C, magnesium) dissolved in water without further emulsifying agent by our patented production method.
LIPOPROTECT does not offer gel capsules. It has many advantages:
- In liquid form, Lipoprotect can be dosed exactly as needed, so it is universally applicable for all age groups as needed or as recommended by a doctor or pharmacist
- We also save a step in our production chain that would be costly and would not increase the quality of the product.
- Furthermore, we value resource conservation. The production of the capsules would require additional resources. In this case: production of cellulose as a material of capsules, transport and automatic encapsulation of the liquid would not have been enviromentally friendly.
- Is LIPOPROTECT offering medication?
No. Our products are food supplements. They are often used by doctors and naturopaths for therapeutic purposes, but legally they are not medication.
- Do liposomes occur in nature or are they a human invention?
Liposomes LIPOPROTECT consist of phosphatidylcholine, a phospholipid that also forms the membrane of human cells. The encapsulation of an active agent in a phospholipid-containing liposome is a human invention. Liposomes are man-made structures, but they are very similar to natural, cellular transport structures.
- What substances do LIPOPROTECT formulations contain?In addition to the active substance, formulations contain phospholipids from lecithin (sunflower). The phospholipids, in turn, consist of a high proportion of valuable phosphatidylcholine, a building block of our plasma membranes.
- What makes LIPOPROTECT so successful?
For practical reasons, most supplements are administered orally. This means that the vitamins, minerals or botanicals must first pass through the mouth and stomach to be absorbed in the intestine. Unfortunately, unprotected substances are very often damaged in this way or can only partially be absorbed.
Liposomal formulations encapsulate the active ingredient in a liposome which passes through the mouth and stomach largely unharmed and can then be absorbed very well. Liposomes consist of lipid bilayers. Since cell membranes consist of lipid bilayers as well, liposomes are ideal carrier structures and easily taken up.
- Why are the active ingredients not being concentrated even higher?
The entire functional principle of liposomal formulations is based on the fact that the active substance is masked by the phospholipids (= invisible). The small intestine sees only the phospholipids and absorbs them and their hidden active substance.
If the ratio between active substance and phospholipid is no longer correct, meaning too much active ingredient is present, it becomes visible to the small intestine again - the principle fails.
- Why are LIPOPROTECT products not offered as micelles?
LIPOPROTECT liposomal formulations have higher bioavailability and stability.
Micelles are one-layered. Not everything carried inside them may arrive in the intestine.
LIPOPROTECT liposomes (double layer) are a more stable way to transport substances through the digestive system.
- What does the term bioavailability mean?
Bioavailability is a pharmacological term. It refers to the active fraction of a molecule that is able to enter the bloodstream after administration. Only intravenous administration, therefore, guarantees a BA of 100%. BA is decreased due to absorption barriers in the intestine. The liposomal formulation LIPOPROTECT can increase BA by favoring the uptake of the encapsulated active ingredients.
- What size are LIPOPROTECT's Liposomes?
The size of our liposomes is about the 120 nm in the nanometer range.
- Who sells LIPOPROTECT?
LIPOPROTECT products are sold by the Slovak pharmaceutical company St. Crux Pharma, s.r.o.
- Who is the manufacturer?
The manufacturer is a company St. Crux Pharma, s.r.o. in cooperation with a German company which, according to our requirements produces substances in premium quality.
- Why is LIPOPROTECT so much cheaper than competing products?
Our liposomal formulations are produced through a novel, optimized process in production facilities in Germany.
That's why we can sell LIPOPROTECT at such a low price.
- What is the difference between LIPOPROTECT products and their competitors?
The products are free from any additives.
We do not use any colorings / sugars / sweeteners / preservatives. As a result, our products taste 'naturally' sour.
Our products are bottled exclusively in glass bottles, we consciously refrain from plastic for more sustainable production.
- Are there any LIPOPROTECT studies?
In November 2017, we conducted a study with a German laboratory on the improved bioavailability of liposomal vitamin B12. It showed increased bioavailability compared to high-dose tablets of around 500%.
We are currently preparing new studies, which will be published on this site or available on request.
Liposomes are by no means unknown to medical research. As transport vehicles of various active ingredients and drugs, they are subject to intense examination. Publications on the bioavailability of liposomal formulations confirm efficacy and comparability to intravenous administration.
- What size are LIPOPROTECT's Liposomes?
The size of our liposomes is about 120 nm in the nanometer range.
- Can I be sure of the quality of the used raw materials?
Yes. Our goal: transparent quality.
For all relevant ingredients, the analysis certificates are directly available for download. These certificates refer to the current batch and are constantly updated. In addition, substances that we purchase from other EU countries are subject to random sample analysis by EU laboratories.
- Are components of LIPOPROTECT questionable or dangerous?
All LIPOPROTECT formulations are food supplements, not medication.
All ingredients are of the highest quality. Dosing recommendations should be taken into account.
- Are all LIPOPROTECT products vegan?
Yes. We make sure that all products are vegan. They are of plant origin, contain neither dairy nor gluten. The products contain phospholipids, water, and the active ingredient.
- Are LIPOPROTECT products organic?
They are not certified organic. So far, we don’t have a certificate for organic ingredients. However, all pure materials are in confirmed high quality. The base material of the liposomal formulations originates from sunflowers (lecithin). Be aware that we use the term lecithin frequently because it is so common - but it is not fully correct; We use pure phosphilipids, which are derived from lecithin after de-oiling it.
- Why are pregnant women advised against taking LIPOPROTECT products?
Pregnancy is a time of a finely regulated, fragile balance. Most nutritional supplements would be unnecessary when added to balanced nutrition. Some even toxic to mother and child. This depends on the nutrient itself, the dose and the condition of the pregnant woman. In order to reduce risks and side effects, a doctor should always be consulted, as they can make appropriate, personalized recommendations.
Pregnant women should not take any single vitamin or mineral supplement in higher doses than normal, unless advised by a physician.
The fat-soluble vitamins including vitamins A, D, E, and K are particularly questionable in high doses. For example, higher than recommended doses of retinol (Vitamin A) is known to cause birth defects in animals.
- Why are the products not suitable for children?
Children differ from adults in their metabolism. During growth and development, it is advised to consume a balanced diet rich in nutrient-dense food. Supplementation can easily lead to unnatural onesidedness of nutrition.
Supplementation – especially if in higher concentrated products - should always be discussed with a physician. Ideally, dietary supplements are only needed in a state of deficiency.
- Do you use synthetic ascorbic acid? Why don’t you use "natural" vitamin C from acerola etc.?
Ascorbic acid is always vitamin C. Ascorbic acid is just the chemically correct name of a molecule that is commonly called vitamin C. As a vital substance (from Latin: vita, life), organic substance C.
Ascorbic acid is a simple molecule. There cannot be anything synthetic about the molecule. The origin cannot be distinguished on molecule level. However, synthesis opposed to extraction guarantees the very high purity of the active ingredient.
Natural sources are only relevant if higher bioavailability can be achieved by binding to secondary metabolites. Today, through liposomal formulations, this point lost its relevance.
Acerola has, being a natural product, only a vitamin C content of 10-15%. The vitamin is not present in its pure form but linked to various other natural substances. A high dose is not used in this way. The effect of liposomal vitamin C (pure ascorbic acid) is far superior to that found in plant sources.
Our ascorbic acid is made from corn starch by fermentation, which is a natural process performed by microorganisms.
Vitamin C and ascorbic acid are 100% synonymous.
- How are the products ideally stored?
Unopened, the products are stable until at least the date on the label. The bottles should not be heated or frozen and should be protected from light.
Ideal storage: dark and cool (about 7 ° C) while rapidly consuming them within 25 days after opening.
- Are the products damaged if they are over-cooled?
Strong cooling below 5 ° C can make the products thicker, this is not dangerous. Merely mixing in hot drinks as well as ice crystals destroy the liposomes.
- Are the products damaged when stored in a heated or uncooled environment?As long as the products are sealed (sealed), they can be stored uncooled. Of course, the durability increases with cooling. The products can be stored uncooled for a weeks without any problems.
- My formulation is thick - what to do?
If stored below 7 ° C this can happen. It is best to choose the top compartment of the refrigerator, where it is warmest.
Once the formulation has been warmed up for a while (> 7 ° C), it becomes liquid again.
- When is my order shipped?
Usually within 24 hours on working days. Before shipment, you will receive a confirmation email. (There is no shipping on weekends.)
- What payment options are possible?Payment options are: cash on delivery, Credit-Card and pre-invoice (after crediting the account, the products will be shipped).
Healthcare Professionals / Distributors
- Is there a special discount for healthcare professionals/Distributors?
For Healthcare Professionals / Distributors: in the case of larger quantities, we will prepare an individual price offer for you.
- Can we give recommendations on specific diseases?No. We cannot do this by law. The information provided is limited to product details, not health claims or clinical patterns.